LCC Bike Shops and Retailer Network volunteer
Could you help us expand and enhance the LCC Retailer Network?
In October 2016 London Cycling Campaign launched new membership package improving the benefits package for our existing members and giving a great incentive to those who are thinking about joining. As part of the package LCC members receive a discount in over 130 bike and outdoor shops across London.
We’re looking for outgoing volunteers who can ideally spare a day a week to help us administer and improve the LCC Retailer Network. They will help us engage shops and members, bringing new businesses into the scheme and developing a mutually beneficial relationship with the discount providers. This role is office based, but there will be the opportunity to develop face-to-face relationships with retailers by visiting stores.
Although this work phase is planned to be completed over the next few months we expect there will be opportunities for volunteers to continue the engagement with bike shops longer term.
What tasks could I be helping with?
• Maintaining a database of bricks-and-mortar and online retailers, keeping track of member discounts and changes in terms and conditions of offers
• Ensuring the discounts listed in our online Bike Shop Directory are accurate and up-to-date
• Maintain regular contact and identifying future opportunities for collaboration with retailers. Distributing marketing materials, including membership leaflets, posters and campaign information.
• Keep records of take-up of discounts where possible.
• Research and approaching new businesses that may wish to join the Retailer Network
• Assist with the production of annual printed Bike Shop Directory magazine insert
• Co-ordinating staff and volunteer visits to bike shops
What skills could I expect to draw upon?
• Good basic computer skills – prior knowledge of our membership database (CiviCRM) and CMS (Drupal) are useful but not essential
• Good organisational skills
• Attention to detail
• An ability to work as part of a team
• Previous marketing experience would be a plus
• We’ll give informal training on our membership database and CMS.
• Join a team of friendly, like-minded people.
• Opportunity to learn new skills
• Lunch expenses up to £5 per day
• Travel expenses will be reimbursed for volunteers on their volunteering day (up to the value of a 1 day Travelcard zones 1-4)
If you're able to help, we would love to hear from you. Please email us, briefly outlining your skills and why you would like to volunteer for LCC.