Could you help us with monitoring & promoting the events and rides put on by LCC’s local groups?
LCC’s local groups volunteers encourage cycling in their local communities by organising rides, bike workshops, Dr Bikes and other activities. We would like to support these groups by understanding who comes on the rides and if we can help promote them to a wider audience. We would also like to support volunteers to start setting up activities in new areas of London.
We are looking for a volunteer to help support local group activities by:
- Collecting data on rides (eg participation numbers, target audience)
- Organising training and other knowledge sharing
- Supporting events organisers with risk assessments
- Promoting events in local communities and social media
The volunteer opportunity is open to anyone passionate about cycling. We are looking for enthusiasm and this role is ideal for someone wanting to know about community cycling and volunteering. Whilst being involved in an LCC group may be useful for this role it is not essential.
This volunteer opportunity is ongoing and we would like someone for 1 day a week in the LCC’s office in Wapping.
What skills could I expect to draw upon?
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for cycling!
- You may attend any ride leader or events training that is organised including how to do risk assessments and first aid course.
- Informal training will be provided in digital comms and social media.
- Join a team of friendly, like-minded people.
- Meet people working across a wide spectrum of cycling activities
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Lunch expenses up to £5 per day
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed for volunteers on their volunteering day (up to the value of a 1 day Travelcard zones 1-4)
If you are interested in this then e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with some background and let us know why you are interested to volunteer for LCC.