Could you help us expand and enhance the LCC membership benefits package?
In October 2016 London Cycling Campaign launched new membership package improving the benefits package for our existing members and giving a great incentive to those who are thinking about joining. LCC has secured a range of discounts and offers with a number of top brands, both in the world of cycling and beyond.
We’re looking for an outgoing volunteer who can ideally spare a day a week to help us maintain and improve the existing package. S/he will help us engage members through benefit take-up and develop a mutually beneficial relationship with the benefit providers. This role will be primarily office based and involve keeping in regular phone contact with benefit providers.
Although this work phase is planned to be completed over the next few months we expect there will be opportunities for the volunteer to continue the engagement with benefit providers longer term.
What tasks could I be helping with?
• Maintaining a database of benefits and providers, keeping track of benefit expiry dates and changes in Terms and Conditions
• Ensuring the benefits listed in our online Members’ Area are accurate and up-to-date
• Maintain regular contact and identify future opportunities for collaboration with benefit providers
• Keep records of take-up of benefits where possible – either by tracking page views or through reports provided by the benefits provider
What skills could I expect to draw upon?
• Good basic computer skills – prior knowledge of our membership database (CiviCRM) and CMS (Drupal) are useful but not essential
• Good organisational skills
• Attention to detail
• An ability to work as part of a team
• Previous marketing experience would be a plus
• We’ll give informal training on our membership database and CMS
• Join a team of friendly, like-minded people
• Opportunity to learn new skills
• Lunch expenses up to £5 per day
• Travel expenses will be reimbursed for volunteers on their volunteering day (up to the value of a 1 day Travelcard zones 1-4)
If you're able to help, we would love to hear from you. Please email us with a brief outline of your skills and why you would like to volunteer for LCC.