Sign for Cycling was our 2016 Mayoral Elections campaign. We wanted to imagine a better London and campaigned for London's next Mayor to make our streets safe and enjoyable for cycling. We called on candidates to commit to:
- More safe space for cycling on main roads and at junctions
- ‘Mini-Hollands‘ - cycle friendly town centres - in every borough
- End lorry danger with smarter, safer lorries
Who signed up?
All the main Mayoral candidates, including the elected Mayor, Sadiq Khan, signed up to support our three-point pledge:
- Caroline Pidgeon (Liberal Democrat)
- George Galloway (Respect)
- Sadiq Khan (Labour)
- Sophie Walker (Women's Equality Party)
- Sian Berry (Green)
- Zac Goldsmith (Conservative)
Public Support and Volunteers
12 000 people signed our petition calling on the new Mayor to make London greener, healthier and easier to get about. Our Local Groups along with hundreds of volunteers went out on the streets to collect signatures, hand out flyers and tag bikes. See what they got up to.
Want to help? Join LCC today!
We'll be working hard to hold the Mayor to account for his commitments to make cycling safe and enjoyable through out three-point agenda. We can only do this with your help. Please consider joining London Cycling Campaign as a member and join 12 000 others across London who want to help make London a great cycling city.