Cycle security: lock it or lose it
How to lock your bike....
1. Ideally, use TWO secure-rated locks for maximum security
2. Lock both wheels and the frame (or wheel and frame with one lock)
3. Always lock the frame to a solid object such as a bike stand
4. Two types of lock (chain/cable and D-lock) are harder to break
5. Remove all your bike accessories every time you leave it unattended
1. Don't leave your bike locked in a secluded location
2. Don't lock it so it can be lifted over a post (signs can be unscrewed)
3. Don't let your lock lie on or near the ground as it can be smashed
4. Don't leave space inside a D-lock where tools can be inserted
Get more information by downloading our Immobilise leaflet below.